Since joining sparkpeople.com, I've come across many new low-calorie recipes. Some of the recipes they suggest though, are just not for me. However, after I tweak them a bit, I end up with something we love.
We normally eat this muffin with our breakfast or for an evening snack. I hope you enjoy it! I really love to spread a little peanut butter on it...it's just so good. A match made in heaven...peanut butter and bananas!
Next time I'm going to try making this with dark chocolate to see how the calories work out, if it's good, I'll share it too.
Banana Oat Muffins
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup oat flour (grind your own oatmeal)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (overripe, about 3)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
In large bowl whisk flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, mix bananas, sugar, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract together. Pour into the dry ingredients and add cinnamon. Scoop into a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
Makes 12 muffins.
each muffin = 84 calories, 0.7 grams fat, 17.5 grams carbs, 2.3 gram protein
Don't forget to check out my new eCookbook Sweet Creations Volume 1 "Basic Southern Cakes"! It's only $2.99!
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Mmmonday at Acting Balanced
- Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
- Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist
- Muffin Monday at Talking Dollars and Cents
- Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop at Home Sweet Farm
- Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
- Lets Do Brunch at My Sweet & Savory
- Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- What's On Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats