Monday, May 9, 2011

Meal Plan Monday 5/9/11


Hope y'all had a great weekend!  Ours was slap busy. 
Did you know I released my first eCookbook?  
It's called "Basic Southern Cakes".  I've included all of my favorite southern cake recipes.  Here's a run-down of the ones I've included in this volume:  Old Fashioned Fudge Cake, Southern Red Velvet, Pound Cake, Coconut Cake, Fresh Strawberry Cake, Hummingbird Cake, Spiced Cake, German Chocolate Cake, my Granny Horn's Applesauce Cake, White Chocolate Lemon Curd Cake, Simple Carrot Cake, Pumpkin Chocolate Cake, Old Fashioned Caramel Cake and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.  These are all tried and true recipes and super simple to prepare in your own kitchen.  I hope you'll purchase your copy soon, it's only $2.99.  Thank you to everyone who has already purchased one.  I am so grateful beyond words.  I'm hoping to release a second volume of Sweet Creations in a few months.   

Last week we tried Chicken Rollatini and it was so good!  Of course, I made a couple of rolls without spinach for my "picky-eater" and we all loved this.  My little ones literally scarfed everything down.  I'll definitely make these again.  

We were supposed to eat turkey dinner Sunday night, but I forgot to thaw the bird out.  Maybe I'll get around to it this week.  I hope!

This week we'll be eating:

Monday:  Busy Crock Pot night:  Asian Sesame Dump Chicken, brown rice, green beans and broccoli

Tuesday:  New Dinner night: Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia* with Oven Cheese Fries, green beans and peas

Wednesday:  Breakfast for supper: Rabbit in the Hole with fat free cheese, fruit, turkey bacon

Thursday:  Leftovers and Crock Pot Soup night: Garbanzo and Chorizo Soup (without the chorizo and using Swiss chard from our garden) My favorite soup, the kids and I will be eating this and "my picky eater" will be eating leftovers. 

Friday:  Lentil Ground Turkey nachos (new recipe) sharing on Figure Friendly Friday

Saturday:  May Day at Serenbe and all the proceeds will benefit the Chattahoochee Hills Charter School.  My husband will be participating in the annual Truck Rodeo at his work.  I'm hoping he does well.  If he does, then he'll move on to the competition in South Carolina and then on to San Antonio, Texas.  I loved our getaway trip to San Antonio a few years ago.  It would be great to go again...okay, back to reality.  We'll be having pizza this night. 

Sunday:  Hubby is giving a talk at another congregation this day, so we'll be eating with them, I hope.  If not, then we'll eat something from the freezer.  Maybe those yummy Pizza Roll Ups.  

Breakfasts and Lunches will be tailored from my sparkpeople.com account.

Breakfast:  Egg Whites with Cheese, Toast with Butter and Mango; Cottage Cheese topped Pancake with Frozen Blueberries and Almonds;  Hard boiled egg, Banana Oat Muffins spread with peanut butter (sharing recipe tomorrow),  Cottage Cheese with Kiwi

Lunch:  Soft Taco with Black Beans and apple; Hot Ham and Swiss with carrots and grapes;  Turkey and Tomato sandwich with apple. 

2 comments:

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Glad your cookbook is doing well, your menu looks fantastic for the week.

Susie said...

Great plan! And great work on that e-cookbook!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails