Monday, October 24, 2011

Meal Plan Monday 10/24/11

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary!  We spent the weekend in North Carolina.  So pretty up there.  I'm a huge waterfall nut and we hiked to the waterfalls in the Transylvania County area.  I'll share some of the pictures on Wednesday. 

Tonight for supper we're eating Country Fried Steak with Gravy over mashed potatoes and green beans and peas. 

My husband's granny lost her battle with lung cancer yesterday, and the funeral is tomorrow morning in Middle  Georgia.  I'm not sure the plans for the day, but I'm guessing we'll be visiting with family and probably getting home later in the evening.  If the kids are hungry, we'll eat oatmeal or cereal for supper.

Wednesday is breakfast for supper night.  We'll have scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.  I think I'll add some green peppers and cheese to mine.

Thursday's have proven to me the busiest day for us.  We had originally planned to have Family Worship on Thursday nights, but something always interferes.  So we held Family Worship on Sunday afternoon and it worked out great.  The kids weren't grouchy and they enjoyed listening to a Bible drama.  It worked out so well, we've decided to move Family Worship to Sunday permanently.  Since Thursday's are our busy day, I'm going to put some chicken in the crock pot and let it cook while I'm at work.  Then we'll come home and heat up some rice and veggies.

We'll probably have our Friday night pizza night this week.  I'll stick with my Thin Crust Pizza with turkey pepperoni and fat free mozzarella cheese and a salad.  The rest of the family will eat a frozen rising-crust pizza and salad. 

Saturday is leftovers.  We ate Taco Soup on Sunday night, so I have plenty of leftovers in the freezer for Chili Cheese nachos.  We also were invited to the Zone Meeting in Columbus this night. 

Sunday I'm hoping to put a pork roast in the crock pot.  We'll have several meals out of this for the next week. 

Hope you have a great week!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Glad to see you're back! Sorry about granny in law. :-(

Sounds like a great anniversary, can't wait to see pictures!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Sounds like a busy week, I hardly recognized your new header! Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one. Prayers going out to your family.

Susie said...

What a rollercoaster week! Happy Anniversary and sorry for your loss!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails