Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Disney's Tangled Party

When we first saw Tangled, I knew it was a keeper.  It appeals to girls and boys of all ages.  Our family thoroughly enjoyed it.  I immediately started planning a party for Sissy and her friends.  But then life happened and it got put on the back burner.  Finally, we had the party over the weekend.  I pretty much cased (copied-and-stole-everything) from this blog post and this one.  They had fantastic ideas and I saw no reason to change it.  After all, isn't that why we blog?  To share ideas with others?

So this is what we did.

We kept the decorations pretty simple. 

Wooley and I created two long braids with a whole skein of yellow yarn.  I hung one on the front door and one over the table from the light fixture.

Then I cut out the sun template and used a metallic gold spray paint to paint some purple pennants.  Then we hung them around the rooms and around the front porch.

I tried to recreate the tower in cake form using this post.  I found the orchid candy melts at Hobby Lobby and the waffle cone from Aldi.  I couldn't find the oversized muffin and forgot to bring home a muffin from work so I just used a big muffin from Walmart.  I ended up covering part of the muffin with the candy melts to exaggerate the roof line to mimic the actual tower in the movie.  I also didn't like the idea of the pecan swirl things, because I was unsure of the nut allergies of the other girls attending the party.  And I wanted it to be a tower...really tall.  So I baked some mini cupcakes and peeled them out of their liners and stacked them using a dowel rod.  It worked pretty good.
After it was all together, I piped green ivy and leaves all over the sides.  I had some old flowers from my wedding {gasp - I told you I was a hoarder!} and pulled them off to use on the sides of the tower.  I also used the larger flowers to top the cupcakes.

As for the cupcakes, I made the cupcake picks by print screening paused scenes of the movie on youtube.  I'm sure there is some sort of copyright infringement here, but I'm not selling them and used them for the kids.

We made tower fruit kabobs.  Filling cast iron skillets with fruit and cheese.  A cast iron skillet is a big deal in the movie.

I made braided pizza bread {reminiscent of her hair}.  I found a cute picture on pinterest and figured it wouldn't be that hard.  I used crescent rolls, but wished I had used puff pastry.  It would've tasted much better.  I served this with meatballs and marinara and a salad.

Sissy requested 'purple punch'.  So I made up this crazy conglomeration of purple powerade, purple cool-aid, purple grape juice concentrate, seltzer water and ice cubes.  It tasted pretty good.  The girls drank the whole thing.

They colored paper lanterns with water colors and markers.

We helped them make wacky hair with pipe cleaners, tulle and silk flowers.

The girls had a great time.

Having these friends in our lives is a blessing.  I've been friends with the mothers for years.  And I mean literally years, like 20 years plus.  So to know them and have them in our lives is truly a special gift.  And I thank Jehovah God for having such true and great friends.  Okay, enough of the sappy stuff :)  But I really do mean it.

Hope you have a great week!

Are you planning any parties?  Do you "case" ideas from other blogs?  If you don't, you should.  :)




6 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Oh what fun! I miss having a "little" girl to do those kind of partys with. Although, my 14 year old would probably still have loved it!

Marsha said...

Candi, I used the same blogs/ideas for our Tangled party back in July. It was so much easier than trying to think of all that myself. Everyone who came loved it, especially the parents! I'm so glad you enjoyed your party, too.

Unknown said...

Such cool ideas! Yes, I always search the web for ideas before I do anything :) Everything looks awesome! Great job!....wish we lived closer ;)
Good life long friends are a treasure and hard to come by!

Sarah said...

This party is great! I use ideas from other blogs all of the time. I agree, this is why we blog. Others are a great resource!

Mandy said...

Oh wow, you're the best, most talented mom ever! Seriously! Super cute things you did for that party!

Have a great thanksgiving Candi!
all the best,
Mandy and Vivian
www.mandylifeafter30.com

April L said...

I had somehow missed this post until now...what great ideas!! You are so very creative. I will definitely use the wacky hair for our next girl party which is WAY overdue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails