Sunday, January 1, 2012

Monthly Meal Plan: January 2012

WOW!!!  Can you believe it's 2012?  Wasn't there a movie about 2012?  Anyway, we are not living like the Jetson's, yet.  We pretty much have all the technology they did, except for the flying cars.  And I want Rosie to come to my house to do our laundry.

So this month we're going to be trying some new soups.  I went shopping with my cousin Christina and she's going to share a Mung Bean Soup recipe with me.  I can't wait!  She also shared her Split Pea Soup recipe (I've never had it before.  I bought yellow split peas and green ones....hmmm decisions decisions!)

Here's the plan, but you know life happens and sometimes we don't get to everything...

Soups:
Kale, Sweet Potato & Chickpea Stew*
Mung Bean Soup*
Split Pea Soup*
Lentil & Sausage Soup (from last month...I loved it!) - sharing the recipe soon
Lentil Soup*
Red Lentil Curry *
Mum's Everyday Red Lentils*

Chicken Recipes:
Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Chicken*
Chicken & Mango Stir Fry over Quinoa*
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken 
Sauteed Rice Sticks* with Boiled Chicken (Poncit Bihon) I'm going to use the recipe on the package

Ground Beef Recipes:
Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Casserole*
Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers Casserole*
Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew)* - if I can find beef in the reduced bin
Meatloaf

Salads:
All Hail Kale*
Spring Mix Salad with Shredded Carrot, Quinoa and Roasted Corn Salsa*
Quinoa and 4 Bean Salad*

Meatballs:
Polynesian Glazed Meatballs (we ate this recently and loved it!)
BBQ Cola Meatballs*
Meatball and Spaghetti Soup* or my Lasagna Soup with Meatballs

Breakfast Ideas:
Cinnamon Quinoa*
Mexican Breakfast Scramble*
Ham & Egg Scramble*
Sausage Apple and Egg Casserole*

Pizzas:
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Pineapple
Meat-a-tarian Pizza









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails