Monday, February 13, 2012

Meal Plan Monday 2/13/12

Wooley and I ran in our first 5K of the year.  It was his first ever.  He did great...33:40.  The weather was so stinkin' cold!  As we stood in line to start, sleet pounded my black fleece coat.  I couldn't believe we were actually going to run this race in the sleet/snow mix!  My hope was to finish the race in the 38 minute time frame.  But I'm guessing the cold really affected me because I finished at 43:08.  I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed with myself.  But now I have a number to work down from.  My feet felt like lead when I stopped to walk for a minute.  It was very difficult to get the momentum back up to get running again.  I made it to the 1 mile mark at 14:27 and the 2 mile mark at 26:56.  I remembered why I didn't run in the race last year...it was too cold the first time we did it.  Please remind me not to run in February and be patient and wait for March...

So this week we're still working on the meal plan, but this is what I have so far:

Monday:  Chicken and Rice Soup with Yorkshire Puddings (or popovers)

Tuesday: Country Style Pork Ribs with Rib Rub, Mashed Potatoes and Veggie

Wednesday: Crepes* filled with Lemon Curd and fresh berries, turkey sausage

Thursday:  Soup

Friday:  Fish

Saturday:  Pizza

Sunday: Burgers

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you ran in the sleet/snow, good for you! Your time still isn't bad, especially for that weather. my goodness, I probably would have packed up and gone home! But of course, you are better about that than I am.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails