Monday, April 30, 2012

Monthly Meal Plan: May 2012

Time just slips away.  I'm still stuck in March.

This past weekend, I joined several friends (16 of us in all) for my first ever mud run!  It was so much fun!!!  I'm already planning to do it again next year, as is everyone else.  It's a great way to stay in shape and have a goal to meet.  I'm still aiming for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Savannah in November.  My doctor suggested the website www.runkeeper.com for some run/walk training.  I looked it over last night and think it's completely doable.  So I'm going to print out a calendar and mark the training days and suggested walk/run intervals to keep me motivated.  I think the mud run is what I needed to spur me on to continue losing weight.  I still want to lose another 30 pounds and I think this training will help me. 

I need to clean out the freezer and fridge.  We have quite a few things I've purchased over the last few months and they haven't been eaten yet.

Wooley and I just finished doing freezer inventory and I must say, I'm a hoarder.  But my brother says no, since there was no one to come and clean out the freezer for me.  :)

I've got a ton of stuff in that freezer.  I'm a little embarrassed to list everything here, so I'll just tell you what we're going to eat this month.  Then you can figure it out. 

Lamb Roast (I'm excited to try this.  I bought a small 4 lb lamb roast at the grocery store for $.99/lb.)

Chicken Dumps (3)
Spaghetti
Fish fry (from my husband's father)

BBQ & Pineapple Meatballs

Creamy Cilantro Shrimp and Peppers (peppers and shrimp in freezer)
Chicken Enchilada Casserole (in the freezer)
Sausage and Lentil soup

Brunswick stew (in the freezer)

Sloppy Joes

Tamale Chicken Pie
Source: myrecipes.com via Candi on Pinterest

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


Stuffed Pepper Casserole


These are some recipes I'm planning to make this month using up some cooked chicken, cooked turkey and some frozen peppers and ground beef.

I hope you all have a great month!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails