Friday, February 27, 2009

I LOVE PUBLIX!

Okay, so you know I have been a "wal-mart queen" for a long time. I have been loving Wal-Mart for as long as I can remember. When we were little, we lived in Missouri and I think that was our first experience at Wal-Mart. My mom even had a Wal-Mart card. It wasn't a credit card but some sort of discount shopping card at the time. Boy that was old time, probably early '80s at least. But now that we are living in the computer age and everything is online, I can't tell you the last time I went to Wally World. I have been checking out another blog called Fiddledeedee. She has the best links to coupons and is constantly on top of the BOGOs at Publix. Since I have been a stay at home mom with my kids, I have been loving grocery shopping. I'm no longer exhausted from roaming the million aisles at Wal-Mart, but come home exhilarated from my Publix shopping experience. It's usually because I have saved a ton of money. In our troubled economic times, as the news recently called it, I feel like it's so important to buy things on sale and even better save money with a coupon or two or 20 :) Thankfully, Publix has the best attitude any grocery store can possible have. The managers are always friendly, the cashiers are always pleasant and even the bagger will help you to the car! Today they watched the kids for me while I pulled the van under the rain canopy, how much better can it get? Well, I spent $71.41, saved $58.80, that means I was out of pocket $12.61!!! So here are my purchases:
Suave Hair Shampoo $.59
Suave Hair Conditioner $.59
Spray and Wash Spray $2.24
Renuzit Tri Starter Kit $1.99
Renuzit Tri Refill FREE
Lysol All Purpose Cleaner $.60
Preference Hair Color FREE
Natural Instincts Hair Color $.50
Loreal Hair Color $1.00
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel $1.00
The hair color was in the clearance bins along with the shave gel. I had coupons for all those items. I did buy the wrong spray and wash spray but did have a coupon so I kept it. I also bought 6 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Why pay more for something later on when you need it, when you can save a lot of money when it's on sale. Just get you a storage bin and put it under your bed, put your extra items in the storage bin when you buy it on sale. Publix, where shopping is definitely a pleasure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails