Sunday, September 20, 2009

Meal Plan Monday 9/21/09




My husband has decided to join a team of co-workers and participate in a company "Biggest Loser" competition. Their first weigh-in is Monday. I am really excited about this because before now, it's usually just me trying to lose weight. I think I might do better since Kevin is going to be working on it too. In an effort to eat more healthy and calorie count --- UGH!!! I turned to some old cookbooks, computer print outs and recipes from Weight Watchers and Jillian Michaels. This week I'll be using mostly Jillian Michaels recipes and dinner ideas.

Monday:
Lime Jalapeno Chicken with Black Beans (8 servings: 2 tsp olive oil, 1 medium onion diced, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp ground chile powder, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 30 oz can black beans rinsed and drained, 1 cup water, 1 Tbsp tomato paste) and Mexican Cole Slaw (8 servings: 6 cups shredded cabbage, 1-1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt) 294 calories for entire meal

Tuesday:
Apricot Mustard Glazed Chicken (or Pork), (179 calories for pork so I'm guessing it will be about the same for chicken) Roasted Green Beans and Easy Ambrosia (1 can of Mandarin oranges drained, 4 oz Light Cool Whip, toasted Almonds...mix oranges and cool whip together, spoon out 4 equal portions and serve with almonds sprinkled on top)

Wednesday: Whole Wheat Noodles with Orange & Ginger Fish (StarKist SeaSations variety - - toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve Fish on top), Steamed Broccoli and Carrots

Thursday: Citrus Cumin Barbequed Pork 355 calories - might be less since I'm not using the wine (I'm going to be tweaking this a bit, I'll substitute more broth for wine and I'm going to put this in the crockpot so it will practically just fall apart) and Broccoli with Garlic


Friday: Turkey Hot Dogs and Baked Lay's


Check out other menu planning ideas at Orgjunkie.com

Enjoy!

Don't forget to check out my Giveaway ending Monday night!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails