Okay, I know it sounds crazy but these are adorable for little parties for your kiddos. We served them at my daughter's princess party and they are a regular on a local tea menu for children. They are so fun to make!
Maraschino cherries WITH stems
chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
Hershey's Kisses or Hershey's Kisses baking pieces (prefer these but the store didn't have the day I made these)
White Cookie Icing
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals until melted. Remove the foil from the Kisses and set aside. Sort through the sliced almonds for nice shaped "ears" and set aside matching pairs.
Holding the stem, dip the cherries into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, parchment paper or tin foil sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Carefully press a Kiss to the chocolate dipped cherry.
Press the almond slices between the Kiss and the cherry, allowing the chocolate to be the "glue" that holds them in place.
Squirt little dots of the white cookie icing on the Kiss to be the whites of the "eyes".
Using a food storage baggie, spoon a little of the melted chocolate into a food storage baggie. Squeeze into the corner and clip off a tiny bit. Squirt little "eyes" onto the white cookie icing.
Place in the refrigerator until hardened. Serve and enjoy!
My kids love to hold these by the "tail" and eat them!
This has been linked to:
- Tackle it Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom
- DIY Day at a Soft Place to Land
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
- Toot Your Horn Tuesday
- Stop and Smell the Chocolates
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
- Friday Foodie at Hot Diggidy Blog Diggidy