Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shopping Trip: Farmers' Market 4/18/10

Since we're trying to eat from our pantry and freezer this month, we're only picking up fresh produce and milk and/or juice as needed.  I totally fell in love with the Dekalb Farmers' Market when a couple of my friends and I went a few weeks ago.  I decided my husband had to go with me to see why I love it.  After our visit today, he totally understands why.  I'm just a little foodie at heart and he's not, but he sees why I loved the place so much.  Just take a look at the picture below.  The colors are amazing and the prices aren't too shabby either!


Farmers' Market
Romaine Lettuce head $.79
Red Leaf Lettuce head $.99
Green Grapes $.99/lb = $5.19
Apples $.99/lb = $1.98
Cucumbers $.49 ea = $.98
Limes $1.49/lb = $.51
Avocados $.49 ea = $.98
Plain Yogurt $4.39
Oranges 5 lb bag $2.99
Greek Yogurt $1.29 ea = $5.16
Ricotta Salata $1.67
Beet Root $.66
Organic Bananas $.59/lb = $1.36
Garlic $.48
Tomatoes $1.89/lb = $2.48
Cilantro $.38
= $31.62 OOP (includes tax)...what an amazing place.  I love it!

Hope you have a great week at the store.  You can read about our weekly meal plan to see how I'll be implementing these food items.  

Enjoy!


This post has been linked to:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you love this place!! It IS awesome. My parents started us going there 30 years ago -- my Dad goes every Friday. Next time, try eating at the cafeteria; they have very interesting food (try the Samosas!!). A couple of weeks ago, Jack and I couldn't leave the seafood dept. without 3 LIVE crawfish (1 for him, 1 for me, and 1 for my friend Sophia); Jack thought they were very fine "lobsters". Corey

Susie said...

I can't wait for our farmers market to open!!

Candi said...

Corey that is so cute! Haylei was loving the "lobsters" too :)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so FRESH and HEALTHY!!!! YUMMY
Can't wait to try the market.
tea_thyme

cassie said...

ooooh pretty colours! everything looks SO GOOD!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails