Sunday, May 2, 2010

OAMC: Completed for May


Wow!  I'm so pooped, but OAMC is very worth it to me.  It helps me use up our stockpiled goods and keep them rotating so nothing expires.  It helps me be creative with our food choices for the month.  It saves me a ton of time during the month that I'd rather be spending with my children and husband.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cook!  But during the hot summer months, I really do not like to heat my kitchen from the oven everyday.  Doing OAMC in one day alleviates the need for the electric bill to go up, and I know everyone loves to save money on their electric bill!

On Wednesday I found some leftover Red Beans and Rice in the freezer so I thawed it and made Rice, Beans & Cheese Burritos (made 17) 

To help me accomplish everything I wanted to get completed, I decided to bake most of the "baked goodies" on Thursday after I got home from the grocery store. 


Then on Friday I finished up the following:
Turkey Enchiladas (x2)
Turkey Shepherd's Pie (x2)
Turkey Tetrazzini (x4)
BBQ Turkey  (x2)
Southwestern Chicken & Rice (x2) (meal kit, cubed chicken in crock pot, par cooked rice)
Chicken Fried Rice (x2) (meal kit, cubed chicken in crock pot, par cooked rice
Money Saving Mom's Waffles  (made 8 waffles enough for 2 meals)
Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (made 48)
Cooked dried black beans (10 cups)
Par-cooked rice (8 cups)
Bacon & Egg Buttermilk Biscuits (made 15)
Creamy Tomato Soup (made 10 cups)


Be sure to visit Money Saving Mom to see what others cooked up for May OAMC.  Everyone usually links up some great freezer cooking recipes so even if MONTHLY cooking is overwhelming, you might get some great ideas to do some WEEKLY cooking.  
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, you were busy! Enjoy the fruits of your labor this month.

Jenn said...

I'm new to your blog and searched but could not find, how do you par cook your rice and what kind of meal kits do you make?

btw...I love your site!!! : )

Candi said...

Hi Jenn,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I actually learned to par-cook the rice by reading this info:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4549432_freeze-cooked-rice.html

This is my first time, so we'll see how it works out. I'm using it to make Southwestern Chicken & Rice and Chicken Fried Rice. I'll also use some to make Black Beans and Rice for Tex-Mex meals.

Hope that helps!

Shaunta' said...

Great job!!! Can you post the recipe for the buttermilk biscuits?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails