Sunday, May 2, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 5/3/10

Friday I cooked up a storm in my kitchen and completed many meals for the month using our little turkey.  I'll also continue to share our family favorite pizza creations on Friday afternoon, so stay tuned for the post with the directions to make Chicken Parm Pizza.  

Here's what we're going to be eating this week:

Weekly Breakfasts:  (hubby: bacon & egg biscuits, from the freezer), cereal with bananas; oatmeal with strawberries; pumpkin french toast sticks from OAMM

Weekly Snacks:  peanut butter crackers with apple slices; granola bars with banana berry smoothies; popcorn

Weekly Lunches:  cheddar cheese & macaroni (I prepared the cheddar cheese sauce on Friday and froze in 1 cup portions, just need to thaw and boil noodles) with pineapple chunks; peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with apple slices; creamy tomato soup with quesadillas

Monday:  Turkey Shepherd's Pie with salad and bread 

Tuesday:  Turkey Tetrazzini with Peas or Green Beans

Wednesday:  Eggs & Grits  


Friday Night Pizza night:  Chicken Parm Pizza (stay tuned for the directions on Friday afternoon) with ChiChi's Italian Salad

Saturday Lunch:  Bean Burritos with salsa & avocado slices; Dinner: Grilled Honey Lime Chicken, salad, green beans for hubby (chicken "dump" recipe, this will marinate while it thaws in the fridge)

Sunday Lunch:  Egg & Tuna Sandwiches with fruit; Dinner:  Grilled Hamburgers with Oven Cheese Fries

So it looks like a nice and easy week in the kitchen.  Just about everything was prepared in advance on Friday with the exception of the salads and side dishes.  I shaped and flash froze the hamburgers so I'll just need to thaw and grill.  I still need to make up some Ritzy Chicken Nuggets for the kid's lunches throughout the month, I was just too pooped to finish Friday; and Saturday we had to get up early to run the 5K in Brookhaven and then Sunday we attended our Special Assembly Day.  So needless to say, I'm beat from the weekend!  I can't wait until Monday when I can do some laundry and lay around with the kids while we recoop!

I hope you have a tasty week, be sure to visit I'm An Organizing Junkie to see what others are planning for the week.  This has also been linked to Mindful Menus

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great looking menu this week. Because of all the yummy turkey recipes your making, you inspired me to buy one to! I'm picking it up next weekend.

Susie said...

Here's to a yummy week:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails