Sunday, August 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 8/9/10

Last week went right as scheduled.  Currently, I'm smelling the Crock Pot Lasagna.  It should be ready in a few hours, it smells A-MAZ-ING!   I'll post the Garlic Bread recipe to my recipe blog if you're interested in knowing how we make it.  

Friday we made a trip by Aldi and picked up some blueberries and made a blueberry pie.  I'll share the recipe tomorrow.  It's really yummy!  My husband and I had our "date night" on Saturday instead of next week.  His schedule will be off a little this week and he's got a few other things he needs to do this Saturday.  Also at Aldi, I picked up a 10-pound bag of potatoes for $2.49.  I figured we'll change up the Quiche Lorraine and make the potato torte from Melissa D'Arabian.  We've eaten this before and it's DELICIOUS!

Last week I forgot to thaw out the beef roast and in a last ditch effort baked it partially frozen in the Dutch oven in the oven.  It was SO HOT in the kitchen (but thanks to Tara's clever idea of positioning fans in the kitchen, I blew most of the heat out).  But it was worth it to get 3 meals from that one roast.  And it turned out delicious!

This week I remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge.  It's ready to go for tomorrow's meal and we'll stretch it for 2 more meals this week.

Monday:  Rotisserie Chicken (crock pot) Potatoes, Green Beans

Tuesday:  Chicken REMAKE:  Shredded BBQ Chicken over Mashed Potatoes with Peas

Wednesday:  Quiche Lorraine  Melissa D'Arabian's Potato-Bacon Torte with tomato slices

Thursday:  Chicken REMAKE: Stacy's Southwest Chicken & Rice

Friday:  Hawaiian Pizza

Saturday:  Lunch:  Nachos;  Supper:  Mexican Beef & Rice Burritos (frozen from leftovers from the 5th)

Sunday:  Lunch:  Tuna Sandwiches;  Supper:  Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread Sticks

I'll need to pick up some heavy whipping cream, lettuce, cucumbers, tortilla chips and avocados from the store to round out the meals.  (Speaking of cucumbers, stop back by on Tuesday and I'll share pictures of our cucumber plants.  They finally started growing!!!)
Hope you have a tasty week!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails