I have lots of pasta.
And we need to eat it up.
And this dish sounded too good not to give it a try.
It's also freezer-friendly, which is a big plus in my book! I chose to make two 8x8 pans and baked one and froze the other for another meal later.
Pizza Pasta (adapted from One Crazy Cookie)
1 lb pasta (I'm using elbow since that's what we have)
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp ground fennel
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh
2 Tbsp basil, fresh
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 pound of turkey pepperoni, chopped
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 cup grated Mozzarella, low moisture, skim milk
Boil elbow pasta for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, brown ground turkey, drain and return to pan along with seasoning and spaghetti sauce.
Add chopped pepperoni and cooked pasta.
Add fresh parsley and basil (if your garden is overflowing with it!)
Stir together until well combined.
Pour into 13x9 casserole dish or two 8x8 dishes and top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
Place the pepperoni slices over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve with a green salad and enjoy your supper!
This post has also been linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- Mmmonday at Acting Balanced
- Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist
- Muffin Monday at Talking Dollars and Cents
- 2 Maids a Baking at 2 Maids a Milking
- Hearth and Soul at A Moderate Life
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Delicious Dish at It's a Blog Party
- Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop at Home Sweet Farm
- Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Made from Scratch Tuesday at From Mess Hall to Bistro
- $5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
- Lets Do Brunch at My Sweet & Savory
- Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- What's On Your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats