Monday, June 20, 2011

OAMC: Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks...

I had originally planned to go to the beach at Callaway Gardens today, but my friend couldn't join us so I decided to stay in, do some laundry, clean the house and have an impromptu Once-A-Month-Cooking day.

Here's what we ended up with today:

No Bake Granola Bars - I had some dried cherries and cherry flavored dried cranberries, so I added both kinds to the mix along with chopped natural almonds.  Then after the granola bars cooled for a minute, I sprinkled the top with a few chocolate chips. 

Banana Oat Muffins - I doubled the recipe and made a dozen with a few chocolate chips on top for the kids.  They love it this way!  The other dozen are plain, just for me :)

Pizza Muffins - I added some fresh basil from our garden.  I wish I had turkey pepperoni, but only had regular pepperoni.  They are still only 120 calories per muffins, which is still pretty good. 

I found some canned yams on clearance at ALDI the other day, so I've been perusing recipes to use them.  I found this one for sweet potato and bean burritos and this one for sweet potato pancakes.  They had pretty good ratings so I'll give them a try later this week.  I also want to try some squash frittatas.  I'm supposed to go over to my cousin's house this week to learn how to pickle some cucumbers, and she said she has a pile of squash.  I can't wait to try out a new take on my favorite Summer Squash and Zucchini Quiche recipe.  

My Momma came over so I could highlight her hair.  It turned out really pretty!  I should've taken a picture of it.  Maybe next time!  Anyway, I wanted to get more done in the kitchen, but it was fun doing her hair.  Hope y'all are having a great Monday! 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Everything looks GREAT! I'll be right over. LOL

Lizzie said...

Yum! Particularly the pizza muffins! I love to pickle things...some years I only bother with beets ('cause no one else at my house likes them) but it's so much fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails