Monday, March 30, 2015

Low Carb Meal Plan Monday 3/30/15

The Memorial of Christ's Death will be on Friday April 3rd.  If you haven't received your invitation, you can visit www.jw.org to find out the closest location to you and the time.  Last year there were over 20 million in attendance.  We hope everyone will make time to show their appreciation for Christ Jesus' sacrifice.  

So back to meal planning.  The low carb meal planning has been fun.  I didn't weigh this morning, but I don't feel lighter.  I do feel better.  My tiredness isn't so bad after I eat and that's an improvement.  So I'll keep working on this for a few more weeks.  I have a goal to lose 12 more pounds by June 15.  That's roughly a pound a week.  Totally reasonable and doable.  My friends have been "cheering" me on with the fitbit app.  That's so sweet.  I feel like such a loser when I check my steps and they are at 15K and 20K for the DAY and I'm killing myself to get 9K.  Changing my routine during the week will help me achieve more steps and activity.  I'm trying to walk at the park for 45-60 minutes 2 days a week.  I'm still trying to get my goal of 50 hours a month in the ministry.  Some months I'll take advantage of the 30 hour requirement, like for the month of April.  On my ministry days, I seem to walk less and ride more.  I'm still trying to figure out how to add more activity to those days.  Maybe we should sprint to the doors or even dance to the doors.  LOL!  Maybe I'll post a "day in the life of" and get your opinion.  Could be that I'm not using my day to the full.  We'll see.  

For now, here's the plan:

Monday:  Baked Sticky ChickenSouthern Collard Greens, Mashed Potatoes

Tuesday:  Roasted Turkey dinner, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, salad

Wednesday: Crock Pot Indonesian Chicken, sauteed peppers and zucchini, parmesan noodles 

Thursday:  Grilled Pork Chops, Apple Poppy Seed cole slaw, green beans, rice

Friday:  Dinner out and Memorial

Saturday:  Wedding Cake delivery in Atlanta...Date night with my hubby - frozen pizza for the kiddos

Sunday: Leftovers and clean out the fridge

Breakfasts:
Berry Smoothie with egg white omelet
Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese wrap

Lunch:
Leftovers on salad
Taco Bell Soft Taco
Tuna Avocado Salad

Treats:
Dark Chocolate Candy Bar - recipe coming soon
Blue Bell Dream Bars
Sugar Free Jello

Hope you have a great week!


2 comments:

Carrie Huggins said...

Hey Candi, I started a low carb diet a week ago so your posts are super helpful. I was amazed that, only 2 days in, my sugar cravings stopped totally. I was expecting a struggle! I also have more energy and no low blood sugar, something I've experienced since I was a child.

Do you eat potatoes?

I decided to do no corn, rice, potatoes, wheat (which blood tests confirm allergy so I shouldn't be eating it anyway!), and of course no sugar of any kind. Loving it so far.

Candi said...

I've been trying to save my starchy carbs for dinner time. So I'll add 1/4 cup cooked rice to my dinner plate or 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. When I was doing research on low carb and blood sugar, I found an article that mentioned eating carbs in the evening to avoid the sleepiness that can sometimes come with it during the day. I am trying to be balanced and continue to eat all kinds of food, but I have reduced the amount of bread significantly. I rarely eat it unless it's a low carb wrap or a piece of toast with my salad at Zaxby's. I've been using the sparkpeople app to keep up with calorie count and carb count. I have noticed a jump in the amount of fat I'm eating. That's a little worrisome so I'm trying to keep that in rein. Have you noticed that too?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails