Monday, June 8, 2015

Meal Plan Monday 6/8/15

The kids' last day of school is FINALLY tomorrow.

Let the crazy begin.

I'm cutting back on the number of cake orders so I can spend more time with the kiddos during June and July.  I'll still be busy every weekend but not overloaded like May was.  Phew!

This week I'm working on a special request wedding cake flavor with Adjuki Bean.  I'll let you know how that turns out.

So here's the plan:

Monday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas and salad.

Tuesday:  Traditional Dessert for Dinner Last Day of School treat (Ice cream cake from DQ this year) Scrambled eggs and toast

Wednesday:  Asian Chicken Dump in the crock pot, with broccoli, green beans and carrots over rice

Thursday:  Fish Tacos*

Friday:  Greek Lemon Chicken in the crock pot with lemon pepper broccoli, salad, baked potato (in the crock pot)

Saturday:  Meeting in Atlanta for a cake tasting and Hubby has a meeting in Atlanta so we will eat dinner out..woohoo!  Date Night!

Sunday:  Lunch:  Tuna Sandwiches with applesauce and carrot sticks (I'll be doing tuna and avocado mash and dipping carrots, celery and cucumbers)
Supper:  We try to eat out with some friends.


This is how I make our Fish Tacos.
Preheat oven to 450.  Sprinkle thawed fish fillets (I've been using Swai, but you can use any mild fish) with a mixture of lemon pepper seasoning, old bay seasoning, oregano and cumin.  Bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, flip and cook for another couple of minutes until the fish flake.  It really depends on the thickness of the fish so keep an eye on it.  I also make a Mexican Cole Slaw to top them.

Mexican Cole Slaw
Finely sliced green cabbage
Finely sliced purple/red cabbage
julienned red bell pepper
cilantro
lime juice
finely diced fresh jalapeno
mayonnaise
honey
salt and pepper

I just mixture this up. It's very colorful.

Hope you have a great week!  Let Summer begin!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails