Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl or Jane Austen?

I mean really, is it that hard to figure out which one we chose?  My parents and my brother came over to eat supper and watch the Super Bowl.  Then Momma and I realized Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility was on PBS.  So we headed to the bedroom and watched it while the guys dominated the living room, hooting and laughing over the game and the commercials. 

We ate some really yummy snacky foods.  I decided to make Jessica's Buffalo Wing Dip and it was a huge success! (thanks Jessica!)  Everyone loved it.  I made homemade french bread and toasted them in the oven for the Greek Garden Spread.  I also fried up corn tortillas for chips.  I seasoned some with lime zest and salt and the others with a Smoky Cumin Seasoning.  They were really good with the Black Bean Salsa and Greek Garden Spread.  I made Buffalo Wings and Lemon Pepper Wings for the first time.  They turned out pretty good.  Momma brought homemade brownies (I'm still working on getting that recipe!)  We had a lot of leftovers so me and the kids will probably be snacking on them during the week. 

I wanted to make something cute and football-ish for the Super Bowl Party and I love Bakerella's site.  If you've never visited, you really should.  She is the most creative person I've ever seen on the web!  She made these really cute football Oreo truffles a couple of years ago and I thought I could make them out of some leftover Cookie Dough Truffle mix I had in the fridge. 

So I molded them into a little football shapes with my fingers:

Then dipped them into melted chocolate:

And then piped some laces onto them using cookie icing:

They turned out really cute and delicious!


Thanks Bakerella for the inspiration!

Enjoy!

This post has been linked to:

8 comments:

Christina said...

The cookies are so cute! I forgot to watch Jane Austen but I forgot last week too & so I watched it on PBS' website! I'm so excited, will be watching ending tonight, as if I don't know how it ends!! LOL

These Are The Days said...

All that food looks good. Cute footballs. I vote Jane Austen...Superbowl wasn't my fave and I'm a football fan.

Maggie said...

Ok, these look REALLY good...I think I need to make them ASAP!!! Thanks for the recipe!
-Mags

Kelley said...

That is a great idea....

Susie said...

What a GREAT idea!! I love Bakerella!

Upstatemamma said...

That is so cool!! I totally need to make those in hockey puck shapes. :)

Ally said...

This comment is a little late, but I am definitely going to make the the cookie dough truffles! Yum!!

Desi said...

What a cute idea! I'm putting this in my Super Bowl recipes to try :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails