PHEW! That's all I can say. Actually, my dad used to say this funny thing "I'm so tired I can barely talk" and he would draw out each syllable and speak it very slowly...it was so funny! Anyway, that's how I feel. But I wanted to share with you what I've gotten done for this month.
Last week I was able to make a couple of things in "batch cooking" style.
- baked mac & cheese with spinach (cups x 24)
- pigs in blankets x 48 (mini size, guess they might be called "piglets")
- buttermilk dump chicken (I had some chicken quarters and drumsticks and made up 5 dump chicken recipes, in addition to the buttermilk chicken I froze sticky chinese chicken, autumn chicken, honey lemon chicken, apricot mustard chicken)
- breakfast energy bars x 18
Yesterday was my "Prep" day.
- chopped onions
- chopped celery
- chopped apples
- browned ground turkey
- baked yeast rolls x 2
- baked hamburger buns (first time - so fun!) x 2
- chicken breasts in crock pot, cubed & shredded x 5
- mixed up raisin bran muffins so they could soak overnight
- soaked black beans overnight
Today, I was able to get everything done on my list. My mom stopped by and helped clean up and folded some clothes for me while I finished up this afternoon. (Thanks Momma!)
- pizza dough x 4
- french bread x 2
- 12" sub rolls x 4
- black beans (almost 3 cups)
- raisin bran muffins (one batch made 42 muffins!)
- apple muffins (one batch made 17 muffins)
- peanut butter granola bars x 2 (36 bars)
- shepherd's pie x 2 (of course, real shepherd's pie is with lamb and this is turkey, so what would that be called?)
- sassy sloppy toms x 2
- french toast sticks (I halved the original recipe and made 36 sticks)
- bean & cheese burritos x 25
- 40 meatballs
Tomorrow I'm going to work on some oatmeal cookies which can be frozen in then baked when we want a little something sweet to eat.
Busy day results in many meals for next month.
This post has been linked to: